Already have a Username/Password for Language Documentation & Conservation?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (.doc), Rich Text Format(.rtf), or OpenDocument Text (.odt) document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review) have been followed.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the end of the document with the reference to their placement indicated within the text.
LD&C has joined an emerging group of scholarly publications that license their contents through Creative Commons. All works published by Language Documentation & Conservation are made available through either a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (click here for a plain English description, or click here for the full legal text) or through an Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike License (click here for a plain English description, or click here for the full legal text). These broad licenses enable the legal sharing and reuse of cultural, educational, and scientific works and have been adopted by a growing number of scientists and scholars.
Applying one of these standard licenses to your work will provide strong legal protection both to you and those wishing to use your work and will thus ensure your right to make your work freely and openly available.
When submitting an article, authors are asked to indicate their agreement to abide by one of the above licenses. Please read about them before submitting your paper.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.