LLL hosts or otherwise supports a broad range of professional development opportunities.
CALICO 2013, 30th Annual Conference:
Navigating the Complexeties of Language Learning in the Digital Age
May 21-25, 2013
The NFLRC and the Language Learning Center (LLC) at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa are pleased to once again host the annual Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium (CALICO) Conference, to be held May 21-25, 2013, as it marks its 30th year. The theme will be “Navigating the Complexities of Language Learning in the Digital Age.” Conference highlights will include two days of pre-conference workshops, the Developers’ Showcase, and three days of conference presentations.
July 15–19, 2013
Language for specific purposes (“LSP”) courses and programs focus on developing learner communicative competence in a particular professional or academic field, such as Korean for business or Samoan for health care providers. This local workshop will provide participants with training and experience in developing LSP courses, including doing needs analysis, setting goals and objectives, assessing, developing materials, teaching, and evaluating LSP for their home institutions. The workshop is co-sponsored by the National Foreign Language Resource Center and the National Resource Center – East Asia.
- 3rd International Conference on Language Documentation and Conservation (ICLDC)
- Audre Lorde Legacy Festival, Sep 20–21, 2012
- Assessments for Japanese Language Instruction, July 10–13, 2012
- International Symposium on Chinese Linguistics & Language Teaching, May 29-30, 2012
- The 7th Int’l Conference & Workshops on Technology & Chinese Language Teaching, May 25-27, 2012
- 2012 STARTALK Chinese Language Camp & Chinese TeacherTraining Institute, July 1-23, 2011
- 2nd International Conference on Language Documentation & Conservation, February 11-13, 2011